About the Program
The Academic Life Coaching Program is designed to address:
- Stress about grades
- Disorganization and Lack of Motivation
- Frustration in Relationships (whether between parent/teen, teacher/student, or among peers)
- Anxiety about the College/University Application process
The Academic Life Coaching Program consists of 32 concepts delivered in 10-12 personalized sessions that have been tested and refined over the past eight years to achieve real results. The first group of sessions of the program focus on helping students become more academically confident and effective. The next sessions focus on core Life Coaching skills and concepts. The final group of sessions focus on communication, leadership, and the university and/or college application. Students in the program:
- Achieve ambitious academic and athletic goals
- Reduce stress
- Create an individualized plan for applying to post secondary programs and schools
- Improve relationships with parents, peers, and teachers
- Learn skills that lead to effective, fulfilled lives
Why the ALC Program Works
Students thrive when working one-on-one with a trained Academic Life Coach, because the coach is able to tailor the concepts of the program to the student and the immediate circumstances the student is facing. As a result, students see immediate improvements as well as learn valuable concepts to apply later in their lives. Students not only learn the concepts but have to act on them as they incorporate what they’ve learned into their daily habits and lives.
The Academic Life Coaching Program is also proven to be successful. Created over a decade ago, the program benefits from students constantly moving through the program and offering comments and feedback. Each year program refinements are made to enhance the experience for future participants.
At the same time students are learning new skills, they also have the opportunity to work through old and unproductive habits. So often students are stressed out over grades and their performance, yet don’t know their unique learning, thinking, or memory style. Students often relate grades to their self-worth, but grades are merely a reflection of the system a student is using to study. Change the system, change the grades. As a result, a student’s self-esteem goes up and stress level goes down.
The Academic Life Coaching Program is designed to work with the whole family system. Students are encouraged to take ownership of the program and need to choose to do this kind of work for themselves. We strive to keep everyone on the same page via email and reports on the concepts covered in the program, with information on how best to support your aspiring young person.
How the ALC Program Works
- 10 sessions scheduled over six months (shorter time frames can be accommodated for students needing to rush into an application process
- Sessions are made up of; in-person, over the phone, and video conference sessions
- In person sessions are held in public places like coffee shops or libraries this creates a safe and easy to get to meeting place
- Each session lasts 45 to 60 minutes
- The Academic Life Coaching Program Curriculum is covered
- After each session, a coach will follow up with the individual and provide support via email describing the session notes covered in the session
The cost of the Academic Life Coaching Program is $300 per month for the 6 month term. Families can save all the tax by prepaying at the start of the program.
The next step would be to set up an Initial Interview to meet with one of our Instructors and learn more about the Academic Life Coaching Program. You’ll gain value insights and have an opportunity to experience two or three of the concepts from the program. It’s a great way for students to learn more about the program and gain first-hard knowledge of what Academic Life Coaching is about.